Friday, May 22, 2009

Babylon

After doing some reading on the Rastafari and their beliefs I came across something I found interesting. The Rastas believe that Jesus Christ was God himself and that he taught God’s teachings but that they were distorted by Babylon. I find it interesting that Jesus Christ teachings could be distorted by Babylon. I would say that Babylon is just human kind in general. I feel that all types of people have made many different interpretations of what they felt the meaning of the bible is or what some prominent figure in a religion was saying. I don’t feel that it is necessarily fair for the Rastafari to blame it all on Babylon since there are corrupt people everywhere and in every society. Western society is not the cause of all evil and corruption.
I also find it interesting that they agree with the majority of Christian teachings and the Christian bible, yet they believe that someone human is God. If they believe in the Christian bible and the accept Revelations, then how would it be possible for God to have come down to earth again without the apocalypse. Maybe there are logical questions to this but I haven’t read anything yet to answer the question and it’s just weird to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment